Menstrual CycleEthix Industries
If the egg is not fertilized, it disintegrates and dies.
Likewise, the corpus luteum withers. This causes the uterus to shed its lining, the endometrium, causing the bleeding of menstruation.
- What is a regular menstrual cycle? Having a regular cycle means that the interval between periods is consistent. As mentioned earlier, it’s usually 28 days, but depending on the individual woman, can range from every 20 to every 35 days.
- What is an irregular menstrual cycle? Having an irregular cycle means that the interval between periods varies each month. That is, sometimes they come every 28 days, sometimes every 20, sometimes every 30.
But, before we get down to business, remember that the main cause for your period not to arrive is a pregnancy.
Now, let’s look at the most common causes of irregular periods:
- Irregular periods may indicate that your menstrual cycle has lost its balance. This is usually caused by an underlying hormonal imbalance in your body that is easily treatable.
- Eating disorders, like anorexia and bulimia
- Excessive weight gain or weight loss; extreme thinness and obesity both cause your menstrual cycle to become irregular or even to disappear
- Stress or emotional problems
- Hormonal problems, for example, when the thyroid malfunctions
- Over-exercising: If you’re an athlete and train very hard, you may stop menstruating because your body wants to survive and save energy and menstruation requires energy
- Problems with the pelvic organs (such as polycystic ovarian syndrome, for example)
- Drugs like birth-control pills can affect the frequency and / or intensity of menstruation
Herbs such as Valerian, Ashoka & Lodhra Corrects Hormonal imbalance and regularizes Menstrual cycles to normalcy.
Regular – M capsules from Ethix Health Care provides various pharmacologically useful herbs to regularize the cycle.