- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Pulse Oximeter Description
A pulse oximeter is a small, lightweight device used to monitor the amount of oxygen carried in the body. This non-invasive tool attaches painlessly to your fingertip, sending two wavelengths of light through the finger to measure your pulse rate and how much oxygen is in your system. Once the oximeter finishes its assessment, its screen will display the percent of oxygen in your blood coming from your heart—as well as your current pulse rate.
- Monitor oxygen saturation over time
- Alert to dangerously low oxygen levels, particularly in newborns
- Offer peace of mind to people with chronic respiratory or cardiovascular conditions
- Assess the need for supplemental oxygen
- Monitor oxygen saturation levels in people under anesthesia
- Indicate dangerous side effects in people taking drugs that affect breathing or oxygen saturation.
- Determine the effectiveness of breathing interventions, such as oxygen therapy and ventilators
- Doctors to assess the safety of the patient during physical activity or exercise (e.g., in people with cardiovascular or respiratory problems)
Get 1+1 Free, 50% Discount